This evening's cool push is much less substantial than the one that came down on Wednesday, and I expect that if it makes it down this far, it will rapidly be mixed out on Saturday unless cloud cover is more opaque than I anticipate. Accordingly, I look for a deep mixed layer, with sufficient vertical mixing of momentum to allow breezy conditions, to develop by late morning Saturday. As the flow aloft is going to be backing into the SW over the next 36h or so, winds are likely to be more from the W = SW Saturday afternoon than they have been this afternoon. There is a possibility that such conditions could repeat Sunday as well.
Peak gust probabilities on M2 ...... > 15m/s ............ > 25m/s
00-06z 7 May: ................................ 50% ............... near 0%
06-12z 7 May: ................................. 20% ............... near 0%
12-18z 7 May: .................................. 30% ............... near 0%
18-24z 7 May: ................................. 40% ............... near 0%
Actually the wind shift noted sentence 3 of first paragraph is now into Larimer and Weld Counties, Colorado.
ReplyDelete